Thursday, June 15, 2006

Words That Don't Exist

George Carlin once discussed how there are some concepts that exist, but not corresponding words. For example, the concept of being "near-fetched" exists, but the word doesn't. Of course, I've thought of many others, all of which I hope enter everyday conversation globally.

combobulated:
"I had a bad day yesterday, but I'm pretty combobulated today."

degalvanize:
"Oops...bad alloy. Let's degalvanize that sword."

enfrog:
"Sally was enfrogged by the number of baseball diamonds she saw from the airplane."

ept:
"What? Sheldon doesn't know how to partition his hard drive? Geez...if he were any less ept, I wouldn't even trust him with a shoelace."

gruntled:
"I have a nice commute, short hours, good pay...I'm fairly gruntled with my job."

miss (that is, antonym of "dismiss"):
"We need to have a meeting. Please miss everybody to the conference room."

underdub:
"I don't like that vocal. Please underdub it from track 3."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home