Monday, September 18, 2006

Sympathy for customer service workers

Well, I finally did something I've been wanting to do for a long time. I kept forgetting to do it, but by golly, I remembered this time that I wanted to do it.

I took a weekend trip to North Carolina for a wedding in the family. Yesterday I flew back into Midway. I grabbed my single piece of luggage from baggage claim, and all was good. I went over to Southwest Airlines' baggage office -- you know, where they have that wonderful, sought-after job of listening to people bitch (and usually rightfully so, I imagine) about their luggage being lost, damaged, or both.

I opened the door and stepped halfway into the office. I said, "Hi there. I wanted to let you know I got my luggage on time, and all is good! Just thought you'd like to hear some good news from a customer for a change."

The lady behind the counter half-laughed and thanked me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home