Friday, March 14, 2008

Careful with that axe, Dauber.

This past Wednesday night I found myself waiting for a southbound Brown Line train at the Paulina stop. (For those of you unfamiliar with Chicago, it's pronounced "paul EYE nah," not "paul EE nah.") As usual when I'm in public by myself, I was listening to my iPod in "Shuffle" mode. Pink Floyd's "Careful With That Axe, Eugene," the live version from Ummagumma, came up. It's one of the very few post-Syd Barrett Pink Floyd tunes that I can tolerate.

I gotta tell ya that as I was slowly walking down the platform, only one other person about 25 feet in front of me, I felt very sinister. Really, the music made me feel like I was going to sneak up on that guy and hack him to death with an axe.

Only thing is...I didn't have an axe...oh, yeah...and I'm also not the kind of person who would sneak up on someone and hack him to death. I kind of like to, well...let people live, and I even go so far as to never hurt anybody. But man...that music can sure make you feel sinister.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home