Sunday, October 09, 2005

Sean's John Lee Hooker Theorem

Being from the Chicago area, there's a place in my heart for really good blues music. I've heard many a John Lee Hooker song in my life as performed by Hooker himself and other bands such as The Animals and the DNA Blues Band. After hearing a couple dozen of these gems, I've come up with a John Lee Hooker theorem. Allow me to explain...

Sean's John Lee Hooker Theorem:
The lyrics in a John Lee Hooker song will mention infatuation with the way a woman walks and talks.

Axiom:
If the lyrics in a John Lee Hooker song do not mention said infatuation, they will mention a Cadillac.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have the lyrics to the John Lee Hooker song, "I Lay Down"...I can't find them anywhere

1:51 PM  
Blogger dauber said...

About two seconds of searching on Yahoo! gave me this:

http://www.lyricsmedia.com/read.php?cid=87231

Have a pop-up blocker turned on!

It appears that this is actually a duet with an Italian singer and that Hooker didn't write this, hence it is exempt from my theorem.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home